Monday, March 3, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Jennifer over at Mommy Life After Ph.D! My first blog award!



What is a Liebster award, you ask? Well it's basically a way for other bloggers to get to know each other better. Also, since I don't usually post about myself, it's a way for my blog readers to get to know me a little.

Here are the rules:

- Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions in your post
- Pick 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin to nominate
- Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
- Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know!


My responses to Jennifer's questions:

1. Why did you start blogging (in a sentence)? 
I was looking for a new hobby, something fun for me to do, and while thinking of different ideas this came to me while I was doing some online shopping for my little lady.

2. What is your favorite blog to read? 
Ooh that's a tough one. I guess if I had to pick one I'd say LiveLoveDIY. We're in the (slow) process of updating our house we bought last summer and I love her ideas.

3. What is your favorite vacation spot? 
Another tough one! I think it would actually be from our recent cruise, our day in Grand Turk. It was absolutely beautiful! I'd love to go back and just stay there the whole vacation. Gorgeous island!

4. When is the last time you laughed until you cried and why?
Just a few weeks ago actually! It was from watching a video clip online. Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was.

5. Who was your favorite school teacher and why? 
My high school Home Ec teacher. I've always loved crafty stuff, so I really enjoyed those classes and she seemed to love them too so I guess that's why she stood out to me.

6. How did you meet your significant other?
Online, actually. One day, back in 2006, I was bored and decided to find some new people to chat with on Yahoo Messenger. I was looking through profiles and came across my now husband, thought he looked cute, and sent him a message. We ended up talking that whole day and by that night I knew I would one day marry him!

7. Have you ever been to Europe?
No but I desperately want to! It will happen one day!

8. What is the best gift you've ever received?
Two years ago my mom took me along on a trip to Los Angeles. It was a lot of fun and great mother/daughter time.

9. What is the best gift you've ever given?
I had to think on this one for a bit, but I think it has to be what my sister and I gave my mom for Christmas a couple years ago. We did a girls weekend in St. Louis and had a pamper day at a spa getting mani/pedis one day then shopping and an art museum the next. It was a fun time!

10. What is your favorite TV show?
Big Bang Theory! But I also really love The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and lots of trashy reality shows!

11. Which do you prefer, summer or fall?
Summer, although Fall is a close second.



And my nominees for the Liebster Award are...

The Life of Jennifer Dawn
bump & run
Everything's Hunky Dorey
Chocolate & Sunshine
Katelyn Now
Chaos & Kiddos
Kenarry - Ideas for the Home
Cluttered Corkboard
Tips & Treasures
Mama Knows Nest
The Creative Me and My McG

My questions for you:

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. What was the last good book you read?
3. Where is your favorite place to shop for yourself?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. What's your favorite breakfast item?
6. If you could have your dream career tomorrow without having to go back to school, what would it be?
7. Who is your celebrity doppelganger?
8. Who inspires you?
9. How many countries have you been to?
10. Describe the style of your home.
11. What do you hope to cross off your to-do list this year?

I can't wait to read your responses and learn more about you!


3 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the nomination - I have received this award from another blogger so I won't be doing another post but I will answer your questions. I tried to reply to your email but you show up as a no-reply blogger so I couldn't.
    1. Florida is my favourite place - we vacation there every year
    2. The first phone call from heaven - Mitch Albom
    3. I buy most of my clothes at Old Navy or Maurices here in Canada
    4. chocolate
    5. Eggs, but I am now allergic to them...so I would have to say waffles
    6. stylist/decorator
    7. don't have one
    8. my hubby - he works so hard to take of us all - he's amazing!
    9. 2
    10. eclectic/traditional
    11. I would love to finish painting out the trim in our home from wood to white...and then I would love to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these responses! I am reading Game of Thrones right now and hope to watch the shows at some point. I love that your favorite gifts are trips--I'm a make memories kind of girl too! Thanks so much for participating and great responses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination!! I will definitely participate this week. Sorry, a couple days late but due to work commitments this week. How fun!!! Appreciate that I was included!

    ReplyDelete