Monday, March 31, 2014

{Etsy Shop Spotlight} Sophia & Co.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SophiaCo/

Are you ready to buy some more adorable hair accessories? Because you'll have a hard time passing some of these up! Sophia & Co. is a brand new Etsy shop. They just had their grand opening on March 22nd. I actually first discovered them on Instagram and saw they had some amazing grand opening deals and quickly snatched up these two adorable bows below. Not only do they have several really cute bow styles, but they also have great taste in baby girl names! ;)

mint double bow (currently sold out)


Here's an interview I had with shop owner, Shawn Wick:
Tell me a little bit about yourself. 
My name is Shawn Wick and I am about to graduate from Ohio State with a degree in Early Childhood Education. My better half, Jake, and I are expecting our first baby on May 26, which is just 8 short weeks away! We work very well together, and have learned that both of us are good at some part of the creation when making our bows and headbands. Jake makes all of the bows, while I put headbands together. We are excited to begin growing our small business and hope that others will enjoy our products as much as we do!

How did you get started with your Etsy shop and is there a story behind your shop name?
We got started with our Etsy shop just one week ago (March 22), and decided to do this as sort of a hobby. We are expecting a baby girl on May 26, who we are naming Sophia which is where the name came from. We love to buy headbands for her and decided to begin making our own to reflect our personal style. We decided to list a few of our creations on Etsy in hopes that others share the same style interest as we do.

Do you have a favorite item you have created? 
My favorite items are the sparkle bows because I love everything sparkly!! I also love the purple polka dot Mama and Mini bows. The mini bows were actually an accident as Jake cut the fabric too small when making one, and decided to go with it anyway. Turns out, the mini bows are my favorite size!

What inspires you?
Colorful fabrics! The hardest part in making bows is deciding on which fabrics to use. When we go to pick out fabrics my mind just goes a million miles an hour about the many different fabrics we could use and how to use them. Jake definitely inspires me as he is the more creative one of us, and often comes up with the best ideas on new products.

Here are a few of my other favorites from their shop:





 Go check out all the other adorable items at Sophia & Co. You can also keep up with Shawn on Pinterest and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment