Monday, March 3, 2014

{Etsy Shop Spotlight} Heart of Hazel

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartofHazel?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I have another great Etsy shop to share with you; Heart of Hazel. I love that she has something for the whole family. Several different styles of headbands and hair ties for mom and the girls and bow ties for dad and little guys. She also makes felt crowns, which would be so cute for a birthday party or just dress up play.

Here is an interview I had with shop owner, Kim Guiley:
Tell me a little bit about yourself.
My name is Kim and I'm a San Francisco mama to 7 month old Hazel Mae. I'm a wedding hairstylist with a crafty side and I started making hair bows for my sweet girl because I was tired of people mistaking her for a boy. When I opened my Etsy shop in November 2013, I figured I would make the occasional headband to satisfy my creative side. But my little side project is quickly blossoming into a legitimate business, which is extremely humbling and very exciting. I love seeing my creations on little guys and gals all over the country! It really is a dream.

How did you get started with your Etsy shop and is there a story behind your shop name?
As I said, my shop started as a creative outlet and was inspired by my daughter, which is why it is called Heart of Hazel. She is truly at the heart of everything I do, business related and otherwise.

Do you have a favorite item you have created?
I only sell things that I truly love and would put on myself and/or my own kids. But my favorite item is probably my tie turban. It's one of the most popular pieces I sell and I love that it looks just as cute on adults as it does on kids.

What inspires you?
Besides my sweet Hazel girl, I am constantly inspired by other small business owners. I put a lot of time and effort into collaborations with other shops because I love combining forces with other creatives. Social media makes it so easy to connect with other Etsy shops— I'm currently collaborating with mama-run businesses in Montana, Southern California and Arizona, to name a few!

Here are a few of my personal favorites in her shop:






Go check out all the other adorable items at Heart of Hazel. You can also keep up with Kim on Facebook and Instagram for discounts and giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment